Client: City of Holdfast Bay
Project: Kingston Park Coast Park – Stage 1 & 2
The Walkway was a state and federally funded initiative to beautify and increase safety along the Adelaide Coastal Park. The Project involved construction of a new 720m long, 3 metre shared path connecting Burnham Road with the Seacliff Surf Life Saving Club.
- Earthworks and retaining walls
- Construction of a new 3m wide coloured concrete shared use path incorporating feature block paving, soft landscaping, furniture, fencing and road alterations
- Design and construction oif boardwalks / bridge traversing culturally sensitive area within the project footprint
- Construction of beach access nodes, stairs and decks
- Installation of new handrailing
- Installation of new public amenities unit
Due to the close proximity of works to residents and coastal dunes, Blubuilt engaged in community relations and communicated regularly with stakeholders and Kaurna monitors to ensure minimal impact on the local community, sensitive dunes and beach goers.