Client: City of Onkaparinga
Project: Port Noarlunga Boardwalk
Our brief for this project involved upgrading the 90 metre boardwalk and path from the dune side of Onkaparinga footbridge to the South Port Surf Life Saving Club. We worked closely with the community and stakeholders to preserve and enhance the existing family-based beach access, so that people of all ages could continue to enjoy the area for generations to come.
Upgrade pedestrian beach access boardwalk and path from dune side of Onkaparinga footbridge to the South Port Surf Life Saving Club.
- Construction to take place within an environmentally and culturally significant corridor
- Relocation of essential services to the Southport Surf Life Saving Club
- Protection of existing coastal dunes -Liaising with cultural monitors
- Working beneath existing Onkaparinga Bridge with logistics of deliveries and installation methods paramount to the success of the project
- Installation of new sewer package pump station and grease arrestor to service the Southport Surf Life Saving Club
- Upgrade of essential services to the Surf Club including electrical, communications, sewer and water services
2015 IPWEA (Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia) award for Excellence in Design and/or Construction of a Public Works Project (Civil Under $1M)