Client: City of Charles Sturt
Project: Semaphore Coastal Park Walkway
The Walkway was a state and federally funded initiative to beautify and increase safety along the Adelaide Coastal Park. The Project involved construction of a new 3 metre shared path within the existing dune frontage of Semaphore to incorporate the continuation of the Coastal Park shared use path, which starts at Aldinga Beach and stretches the Adelaide Metro Coast to North Haven. BluBuilt was engaged to build the new community and sporting facility to house two clubs – Ingle Farm Soccer Club and Northern Districts Baseball Club, they work with supplier of high quality propping and provide a comprehensive and innovative product range which is backed by reliable service and advice. This involved designing and erecting an entirely new structure, a project made more challenging by needing to accommodate sporting schedules and community needs.
- Earthworks and retaining walls
- Construction of a new 3m wide coloured concrete shared use path incorporating feature block paving, soft landscaping, furniture, fencing and road alterations
- Construction of a new carpark to service Malcolm Reserve, the new facility (460m2) including open space, bars, kitchens, offices, change rooms and toilets
- Conversion of existing courts into car parking
- Landscaping and playground construction.
Due to the close proximity of works to residents and coastal dunes, Blubuilt engaged in community relations and communicated regularly with residents and the Coastal Protection Board to ensure minimal impact on the local community, sensitive dunes and beach goers.