Client: Guidera O’Connor (City of Charles Sturt)
Project: Waterproofing the West – Stage 1 Project
BluBuilt was engaged to undertake all civil, pipework and concrete works for Stage 1 of the Waterproofing the West Project. This involved construction of a system of wetlands, pumping stations and aquifer storage and retrieval (ASR) bore fields within the City of Charles Sturt (CCS) precinct. The system is designed to harvest, store and treat stormwater for subsequent distribution and reuse as a non-potable, recycled water resource for western Adelaide.
BluBuilt work for this project was carried out at 5 different locations.
- Excavation and installation of Pump Station and suction pipework within the River Torrens (coffer dam works)
- Excavation and installation of a 7 metre deep Pump Station and tie-in pipework to Torrens Road
- Excavation & installation of 2 x 6 metre deep Pump Stations adjacent Old Port Road
- Construction of civil, concrete works and associated pipework at St Claire for new below ground concrete tanks, control building and bore field pipework
- Construction of piling, civil, concrete works and associated pipework at West Lakes Golf Course for new tanks, installation of new pump station and associated pipework
- Trenching and installation of over 2000 metres of HDPE pipework to ASR bore fields
Finalist in 2014 CCF Earth Awards – Category 2 ($1M – $5M)