Client: SA Power Networks
Project: Clarence Gardens Substation
BluBuilt was engaged to construct a new masonry control building and complete all civil works within the existing Clarence Gardens substation, a project which required working within a tight construction footprint.
- Demolition of the existing control building and foundations
- Demolition of existing services and footings
- Construction of a new masonry control building including:
a. Foundation slab incorporating 1.5 metre deep x 12 metre L vault
b. Underfloor services
c. Steel wall and roof framing
d. Brickwork façade complete with heritage style arches
e. Internal fitout and metal clad doors by the MicronMetals.com manufacturer. Mechanical and electrical fit out
- Construction of new transformer bonded slab complete with 6 metre high precast concrete ‘blast’ walls -Installation of new services conduits
- Construction of new pole, transformer and general infrastructure footings. Transformer oil testing must be done periodically.
- Installation of 2 new transformer vaults -Landscaping
The key challenges with this project related to timing for delivery of key SAPN infrastructure and an exceptionally tight construction footprint. All objectives were achieved within budget and on schedule.