Client: City of Onkaparinga
Project: Foreshore Access Plan – Stage 2
The Foreshore Access Plan Stage 2 project involved the upgrade of approximately 2.5km of foreshore between Noarlunga and Port Noarlunga South.
- Construction of new 3m wide concrete shared access path for the length of the project
- Significant rock revetement works abutting the Onkaparinga River along Weatherald Terrace
- Construction of new boardwalk and stair connection to the existing pedestrian bridge spanning the river
- Construction of 3 new carparks including shelters, seating and general landscaping
- Road realignment works along Weatherald Terrace to facilitate construction of the new shared use path
- Road realignment works along Saltfleet Street to facilitate construction of the new shared use path
Staging of the works to mitigate the impact on the local community, general road and beach users required extensive planning and was subsequently executed without complaint.